A-dam is an Amsterdam-based startup dedicated to making playful and characterful apparel from planet-friendly materials. Our mission is to create long-lasting quality products that both look and feel great. We currently operate in most European countries and North America.
We are a small team of progressive people who believe in mixing work and play. We’re ambitious yet down to earth, serious with a child-like curiosity.
About the role
We’re offering a full-time role with a market conform salary, based in our HQ in Amsterdam or possibly remote.
Our goal is to keep building a world class customer experience with unique design and features. We’re looking for a talented Senior Backend Developer to join our team, and help us maintain our e-commerce platform to facilitate the rapid growth of our business.
You will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including designing architecture, writing 3rd party integrations, dev ops and managing outsourcing parties.
You’re a hands-on person with the ability to quickly and creatively adapt to a fast-paced business as well as thinking about long term ahead solutions. Our technology stack uses a mixture of various technologies, such Saleor/Django, GraphQL, Kubernetes, React, Google Cloud platform, etc.
- Develop our e-commerce platform and integrations with 3rd parties;
- Create well structured and maintainable code;
- Contribute to the overall architectural direction;
- Make open source contributions;
- Improve business processes;
- Grow the development team.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in frontend and backend web development;
- You’re able to relate to e-commerce business and customers;
- You’re not afraid to move out of your comfort zone when it comes to technical challenges;
- You have a strong sense of pragmatism;
- You are fluent in the English language.
- Python and Django;
- Good understanding of concepts such as: DRY, OOP, TDD;
- Front-end skills are a big plus;
- Node.js as backend for front-end;
- API development with GraphQL;
- Unit testing, integration testing, and E2E testing;
- Managing cloud environments.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!